|Side view after it had been cut.|
- 1 zucchini, 12 to 18 inches
- 1⁄2 to 1 pound ground beef or meatloaf mix (equal amounts beef, pork and veal)
- 1 can (14 to 16 ounces) corn, drained, or 1 box (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed and drained, or leftovers (any amount) from corn on the cob
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 to 4 eggs
- 1 box stuffing mix
- Black pepper or crushed red pepper to taste
- Grated or sliced mozzarella cheese
**When I made this, the said amount of ingredients made enough stuffing to stuff four halves of 14 inch zucchini, so do some experimenting to find out how much it'll make for you.**
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-by-13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Wash zucchini and place on cutting board. Cut off each end and slice zucchini in half lengthwise. Use tablespoon or serving spoon to scoop out seeds and make a hollow in each half. Place, hollow side up, in prepared dish.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except cheese. Spoon into zucchini hollows. Add water around zucchini to 1-inch depth.
- Cover dish with foil, and bake for 1 to 2 hours, or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove foil, and top each zucchini hollow with cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.