A few weeks ago Justin brought home a 5 gallon bucket full of ramps.I was really excited until he asked me to help him cook some. Now, don't get me wrong, I love ramps, when someone else cooks them. This year is my first time cooking ramps for myself let alone someone else. Luckily, I have consumed enough ramp recipes to have a basic idea of what to do with them. My favorite way to eat ramps is fried up in some 'taters. So I tweaked a generic online recipe to make a pretty tasty side dish, if I do say so myself.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a cake pan with a little EVOO
- Wash a half bag of red potatoes, then cut them up into quarters
- Dice up 2 green peppers
- Cut up and dice 10-15 ramps (depends on your preference), I left some of the green leafy parts in the dish per Justin's request. I personally like leaving them out, but they aren't bad. How small you dice the ramps is another personal preference. I like mine small and bite size so that's what I did.
- Combine all ingredients and place into greased cake pan
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of EVOO over the ingredients and bake for 45 mins or until the potatoes are tender.
- 2 green peppers
- 1/2 bag of red potatoes
- 10-15 ramps